E komo mai! Welcome!

Art journal of dreams, images, thoughts, featured artist, techniques and friends of Schar, an artist.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

New Moon Sunrise #40

Aloha kakahiaka!
Today is New Moon in Aquarius!
I watched two Humpback whales courting one another just off the shore.  spent an hour observing them gliding side by side.  up the coast and then they would shallow dive and swim on the surface the other direction.  They remained in a close area not swimming to far either direction.  As I watched I tried to imagine what lies beyond the surface of the sea.  Then my thoughts went to a place of ancient peoples of these islands and how all they knew was this vast sea around them...this blanket of unknown depth with miles of mystery.  And then I felt very very miniscule

1 comment:

Unknown said...

With all these photos of Kauai sunrises, it's gonna be hard to pick the Hawaii or Maui for our 2013 summer vacation :)